A&H Funding Requests
The School of Arts and Humanities can assist with the acquisition of full or partial funding for a variety of purposes.
Potential fundable categories include:
- Faculty travel: Requests are to be submitted to Carolyn Fusco on the New York State Travel Authorization Form, accompanied by the Travel Endorsement Form approved by the department chair. Ms. Fusco will forward materials to the Dean. See the Faculty Travel section of the A&H Faculty Handbook for details.
- Faculty searches: Assistance is obtained through the process explained in Faculty Search Funding Guidelines.
- Moving expenses: Reimbursement to new faculty may be requested according to Moving Expense Guidelines.
- Equipment: Requests are to be submitted to your department chair, who will prioritize department requests and forward them to the associate dean in the fall and spring semesters.
- Facilities improvements: Requests are to be submitted to your department chair, who will prioritize and forward to the associate dean in the fall and spring semesters.
- Guest presenters/performers for the ICE Presenters series (Innovations in Creative Expression Presenters Series). Requests are to be submitted to the associate dean on the A&H Funding Request Form. Endorsement of the department chair is required.
- Other projects: Requests are to be submitted to the associate dean on the A&H Funding Request Form.
Funding decisions made in the Dean's office will be based on the following criteria:
- Scope of the project and number/variety of constituents served
- Extent to which the proposed activity advances the college mission and one or more action steps in the 2008-2013 strategic plan
- Extent to which the proposed activity advances the mission of the School of Arts and Humanities and our commitment to leadership in creative expression
- Evidence of collaboration with other entities within A&H or across campus
- Evidence of a plan for assessing the success of the proposed activity
All requests for funding should be submitted to the Executive Assistant to the Dean on the Request for Funding Form (XLS, 52KB).
Download the form, and once completed, return, by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Funding Request." Please call 878-6326 with any questions.